Coffee County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Coffee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Coffee County, Tennessee. You can contact the Coffee County Assessor for:
- Checking the Coffee County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
300 Hillsboro Blvd # 8The Coffee County Assessor's Office is located in Manchester, Tennessee. Manchester is the county seat of Coffee County, where most local government offices are located.
Coffee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Coffee County Information
Coffee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Coffee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Coffee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Coffee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Coffee County.
- The Coffee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Coffee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Coffee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Coffee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Coffee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 931-723-5126. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Coffee County assessor's office at 931-723-5199. Please call the assessor's office in Manchester before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Coffee County Courthouse at 931-723-5100.