City of Murfreesboro, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The City of Murfreesboro Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. You can contact the City of Murfreesboro Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the City of Murfreesboro property tax due date
Public SquareThe City of Murfreesboro Assessor's Office is located in Murfreesboro, Rutherford County, Tennessee. Murfreesboro is the county seat of City of Murfreesboro, where most local government offices are located.
City of Murfreesboro Assessor Contact Information
City of Murfreesboro Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Murfreesboro Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Murfreesboro Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Murfreesboro Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Murfreesboro.
- The City of Murfreesboro Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Murfreesboro Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Murfreesboro, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Murfreesboro about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Murfreesboro Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 615-893-5210. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Murfreesboro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Murfreesboro Courthouse at 615-898-7745.