Bledsoe County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Bledsoe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bledsoe County, Tennessee. You can contact the Bledsoe County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Bledsoe County property tax due date
PO BOX 149The Bledsoe County Assessor's Office is located in the Bledsoe County Courthouse in Pikeville, Tennessee. Pikeville is the county seat of Bledsoe County, where most local government offices are located.
Bledsoe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bledsoe County Information
Bledsoe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bledsoe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bledsoe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bledsoe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bledsoe County.
- The Bledsoe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bledsoe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bledsoe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bledsoe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bledsoe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 423-447-6548. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Pikeville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bledsoe County Courthouse at 423-447-6855.