Ziebach County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Ziebach County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ziebach County, South Dakota. You can contact the Ziebach County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Ziebach County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 68The Ziebach County Assessor's Office is located in Dupree, South Dakota. Dupree is the county seat of Ziebach County, where most local government offices are located.
Ziebach County Assessor Contact Information
Ziebach County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ziebach County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ziebach County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ziebach County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ziebach County.
- The Ziebach County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ziebach County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ziebach County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ziebach County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ziebach County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-365-5129. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Dupree before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ziebach County Courthouse at 605-365-5157.