Yankton County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Yankton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Yankton County, South Dakota. You can contact the Yankton County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Yankton County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 137The Yankton County Assessor's Office is located in Yankton, South Dakota. Yankton is the county seat of Yankton County, where most local government offices are located.
Yankton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Yankton County Information
Yankton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Yankton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Yankton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Yankton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Yankton County.
- The Yankton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Yankton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Yankton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Yankton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Yankton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-260-4400. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Yankton County assessor's office at 605-260-4493. Please call the assessor's office in Yankton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Yankton County Courthouse at 605-665-2143.