Shannon County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Shannon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Shannon County, South Dakota. You can contact the Shannon County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Shannon County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
906 N River StThe Shannon County Assessor's Office is located in Hot Springs, South Dakota. Hot Springs is the county seat of Shannon County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Shannon County Courthouse, at 906 North River Street.
Shannon County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Shannon County Information
Shannon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Shannon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Shannon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Shannon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Shannon County.
- The Shannon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Shannon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Shannon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Shannon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Shannon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-745-5136. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hot Springs before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Shannon County Courthouse at 605-745-3996.