Roberts County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Roberts County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Roberts County, South Dakota. You can contact the Roberts County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Roberts County property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Roberts County Assessor's Office is located in Sisseton, South Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Roberts County Assessor Contact Information
Roberts County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Roberts County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Roberts County Tax Appraiser.
- The Roberts County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Roberts County.
- The Roberts County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Roberts County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Roberts County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Roberts County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Roberts County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-698-3205. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Sisseton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352