Moody County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Moody County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Moody County, South Dakota. You can contact the Moody County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Moody County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
101 E Pipestone Ave Ste DThe Moody County Assessor's Office is located in Flandreau, South Dakota. Flandreau is the county seat of Moody County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Moody County Courthouse, at 101 East Pipestone Avenue, Suite E.
Moody County Assessor Contact Information
Moody County Assessor Address
Moody County Director of Equalization
101 East Pipestone Avenue, Suite E
Flandreau, SD 57028
Moody County Assessor Phone Number
Moody County Assessor's Website
Additional Moody County Information
Property Tax Search Tool & Mapping Find Moody County property tax records
Moody County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Moody County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Moody County Tax Appraiser.
- The Moody County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Moody County.
- The Moody County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Moody County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Moody County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Moody County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Moody County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-997-3101. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Moody County assessor's office at 605-997-9996. Please call the assessor's office in Flandreau before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Moody County Courthouse at 605-997-3161.
Find the tax assessor for a different South Dakota county
Find property records for Moody County
The median property tax in Moody County, South Dakota is $1,378.00