Miner County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Miner County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Miner County, South Dakota. You can contact the Miner County Assessor for:
- Checking the Miner County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Miner County Assessor's Office is located in the 2nd Floor, Miner County Courthouse in Howard, South Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Miner County Assessor Contact Information
Miner County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Miner County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Miner County Tax Appraiser.
- The Miner County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Miner County.
- The Miner County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Miner County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Miner County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Miner County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Miner County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-772-4241. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Miner County assessor's office at 605-772-4203. Please call the assessor's office in Howard before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352