Meade County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Meade County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Meade County, South Dakota. You can contact the Meade County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Meade County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Meade County Assessor's Office is located in Sturgis, South Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Meade County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Meade County Information
Meade County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Meade County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Meade County Tax Appraiser.
- The Meade County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Meade County.
- The Meade County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Meade County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Meade County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Meade County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Meade County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-347-3818. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Sturgis before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352