Jerauld County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Jerauld County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jerauld County, South Dakota. You can contact the Jerauld County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Jerauld County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Jerauld County Assessor's Office is located in Wessington Springs, South Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Jerauld County Assessor Contact Information
Jerauld County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jerauld County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jerauld County Tax Appraiser.
- The Jerauld County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jerauld County.
- The Jerauld County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jerauld County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jerauld County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jerauld County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jerauld County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-539-9701. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Wessington Springs before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352