Hutchinson County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Hutchinson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hutchinson County, South Dakota. You can contact the Hutchinson County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Hutchinson County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
140 Euclid St Rm 128The Hutchinson County Assessor's Office is located in Olivet, South Dakota. Olivet is the county seat of Hutchinson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hutchinson County Courthouse, at 140 East Euclid Street, Room 128.
Hutchinson County Assessor Contact Information
Hutchinson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hutchinson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hutchinson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hutchinson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hutchinson County.
- The Hutchinson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hutchinson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hutchinson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hutchinson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hutchinson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-387-4210. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Olivet before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hutchinson County Courthouse at 605-387-4217.