Hughes County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Hughes County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hughes County, South Dakota. You can contact the Hughes County Assessor for:
- Checking the Hughes County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Hughes County Assessor's Office is located in Pierre, South Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Hughes County Assessor Contact Information
Hughes County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hughes County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hughes County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hughes County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hughes County.
- The Hughes County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hughes County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hughes County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hughes County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hughes County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-773-7483. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hughes County assessor's office at 605-773-7479. Please call the assessor's office in Pierre before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352