Hand County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Hand County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hand County, South Dakota. You can contact the Hand County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Hand County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
The Hand County Assessor's Office is located in the Hand County Courthouse in Miller, South Dakota.
Hand County Assessor Contact Information
Hand County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hand County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hand County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hand County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hand County.
- The Hand County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hand County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hand County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hand County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hand County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-853-2115. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Miller before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.