Hamlin County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Hamlin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hamlin County, South Dakota. You can contact the Hamlin County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Hamlin County property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Hamlin County Assessor's Office is located in Hayti, South Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Hamlin County Assessor Contact Information
Hamlin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hamlin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hamlin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hamlin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hamlin County.
- The Hamlin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hamlin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hamlin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hamlin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hamlin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-783-3331. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hayti before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352