Haakon County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Haakon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Haakon County, South Dakota. You can contact the Haakon County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Haakon County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Haakon County Assessor's Office is located in Philip, South Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Haakon County Assessor Contact Information
Haakon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Haakon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Haakon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Haakon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Haakon County.
- The Haakon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Haakon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Haakon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Haakon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Haakon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-859-2824. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Philip before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352