Grant County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Grant County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Grant County, South Dakota. You can contact the Grant County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Grant County property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Grant County Assessor's Office is located in Milbank, South Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Grant County Assessor Contact Information
Grant County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Grant County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Grant County Tax Appraiser.
- The Grant County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Grant County.
- The Grant County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Grant County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Grant County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Grant County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Grant County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-432-6532. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Milbank before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352