Edmunds County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Edmunds County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Edmunds County, South Dakota. You can contact the Edmunds County Assessor for:
- Checking the Edmunds County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Edmunds County Assessor's Office is located in Ipswich, South Dakota.
Edmunds County Assessor Contact Information
Edmunds County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Edmunds County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Edmunds County Tax Appraiser.
- The Edmunds County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Edmunds County.
- The Edmunds County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Edmunds County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Edmunds County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Edmunds County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Edmunds County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-426-6841. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Ipswich before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.