Deuel County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Deuel County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Deuel County, South Dakota. You can contact the Deuel County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Deuel County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 616The Deuel County Assessor's Office is located in the Deuel County Courthouse in Clear Lake, South Dakota. Clear Lake is the county seat of Deuel County, where most local government offices are located.
Deuel County Assessor Contact Information
Deuel County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Deuel County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Deuel County Tax Appraiser.
- The Deuel County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Deuel County.
- The Deuel County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Deuel County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Deuel County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Deuel County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Deuel County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-874-2229. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Clear Lake before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Deuel County Courthouse at 605-874-2312.