Day County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Day County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Day County, South Dakota. You can contact the Day County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Day County property tax due date
711 W 1St StThe Day County Assessor's Office is located in Webster, South Dakota. Webster is the county seat of Day County, where most local government offices are located.
Day County Assessor Contact Information
Day County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Day County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Day County Tax Appraiser.
- The Day County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Day County.
- The Day County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Day County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Day County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Day County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Day County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-345-9502. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Webster before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Day County Courthouse at 605-345-3102.