Davison County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Davison County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Davison County, South Dakota. You can contact the Davison County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Davison County property tax due date
200 East 4th AvenueThe Davison County Assessor's Office is located in Mitchell, South Dakota. Mitchell is the county seat of Davison County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Davison County Courthouse, at 200 East 4th.
Davison County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Davison County Information
Davison County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Davison County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Davison County Tax Appraiser.
- The Davison County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Davison County.
- The Davison County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Davison County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Davison County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Davison County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Davison County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-995-8613. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Davison County assessor's office at 605-995-8614. Please call the assessor's office in Mitchell before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Davison County Courthouse at 605-995-8608.