Corson County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Corson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Corson County, South Dakota. You can contact the Corson County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Corson County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 255The Corson County Assessor's Office is located in McIntosh, South Dakota. McIntosh is the county seat of Corson County, where most local government offices are located.
Corson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Corson County Information
Corson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Corson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Corson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Corson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Corson County.
- The Corson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Corson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Corson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Corson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Corson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-273-4348. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Corson County assessor's office at 605-273-4561. Please call the assessor's office in McIntosh before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Corson County Courthouse at 605-273-4229.