Codington County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Codington County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Codington County, South Dakota. You can contact the Codington County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Codington County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
14 1st Ave, SEThe Codington County Assessor's Office is located in Watertown, South Dakota. Watertown is the county seat of Codington County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Codington County Courthouse, at 14 lst Avenue SE.
Codington County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Codington County Information
Codington County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Codington County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Codington County Tax Appraiser.
- The Codington County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Codington County.
- The Codington County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Codington County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Codington County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Codington County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Codington County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-882-6274. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Codington County assessor's office at 605-882-5387. Please call the assessor's office in Watertown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Codington County Courthouse at 605-882-6297.