Brookings County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Brookings County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Brookings County, South Dakota. You can contact the Brookings County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Brookings County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Brookings County Assessor's Office is located in Brookings, South Dakota.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Brookings County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Brookings County Information
Brookings County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Brookings County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Brookings County Tax Appraiser.
- The Brookings County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Brookings County.
- The Brookings County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Brookings County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Brookings County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Brookings County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Brookings County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-696-8220. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Brookings County assessor's office at 605-696-8224. Please call the assessor's office in Brookings before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352