Beadle County, South Dakota - Assessor's Office
The Beadle County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Beadle County, South Dakota. You can contact the Beadle County Assessor for:
- Checking the Beadle County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
The Beadle County Assessor's Office is located in Huron, South Dakota.
Beadle County Assessor Contact Information
Beadle County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Beadle County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Beadle County Tax Appraiser.
- The Beadle County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Beadle County.
- The Beadle County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Beadle County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Beadle County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Beadle County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Beadle County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 605-353-8408. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Beadle County assessor's office at 605-353-8410. Please call the assessor's office in Huron before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.