Williamsburg County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Williamsburg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Williamsburg County, South Carolina. You can contact the Williamsburg County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Williamsburg County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
125 West Main St.The Williamsburg County Assessor's Office is located in Kingstree, South Carolina. Kingstree is the county seat of Williamsburg County, where most local government offices are located.
Williamsburg County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Williamsburg County Information
Williamsburg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Williamsburg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Williamsburg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Williamsburg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Williamsburg County.
- The Williamsburg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Williamsburg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Williamsburg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Williamsburg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Williamsburg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 843-355-9321. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Williamsburg County assessor's office at 843-355-3751. Please call the assessor's office in Kingstree before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Williamsburg County Courthouse at 843-355-9321.