Spartanburg County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Spartanburg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Spartanburg County, South Carolina. You can contact the Spartanburg County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Spartanburg County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
366 N Church StThe Spartanburg County Assessor's Office is located in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Spartanburg is the county seat of Spartanburg County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Spartanburg County Courthouse, at 366 North Church Street.
Spartanburg County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Spartanburg County Information
Spartanburg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Spartanburg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Spartanburg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Spartanburg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Spartanburg County.
- The Spartanburg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Spartanburg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Spartanburg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Spartanburg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Spartanburg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 864-596-2544. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Spartanburg County assessor's office at 864-596-2223. Please call the assessor's office in Spartanburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Spartanburg County Courthouse at 864-596-2591.