Saluda County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Saluda County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Saluda County, South Carolina. You can contact the Saluda County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Saluda County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
100 E. Church Street, Ste. 6The Saluda County Assessor's Office is located in Saluda, South Carolina. Saluda is the county seat of Saluda County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Saluda County Courthouse, at 100 East Church Street, Suite 1.
Saluda County Assessor Contact Information
Saluda County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Saluda County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Saluda County Tax Appraiser.
- The Saluda County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Saluda County.
- The Saluda County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Saluda County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Saluda County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Saluda County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Saluda County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 864-445-4500. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Saluda County assessor's office at 864-445-4502. Please call the assessor's office in Saluda before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Saluda County Courthouse at 864-445-4500.