Pickens County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Pickens County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pickens County, South Carolina. You can contact the Pickens County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Pickens County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
222 Mcdaniel AveThe Pickens County Assessor's Office is located in Pickens, South Carolina. Pickens is the county seat of Pickens County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Pickens County Courthouse, at 222 McDaniel Avenue, B-8.
Pickens County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pickens County Information
Pickens County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pickens County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pickens County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pickens County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pickens County.
- The Pickens County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pickens County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pickens County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pickens County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pickens County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 864-898-5871. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pickens County assessor's office at 864-898-5932. Please call the assessor's office in Pickens before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pickens County Courthouse at 864-898-5866.