Orangeburg County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Orangeburg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Orangeburg County, South Carolina. You can contact the Orangeburg County Assessor for:
- Checking the Orangeburg County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 9000The Orangeburg County Assessor's Office is located in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Orangeburg is the county seat of Orangeburg County, where most local government offices are located.
Orangeburg County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Orangeburg County Information
Orangeburg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Orangeburg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Orangeburg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Orangeburg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Orangeburg County.
- The Orangeburg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Orangeburg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Orangeburg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Orangeburg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Orangeburg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 803-533-6220. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Orangeburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Orangeburg County Courthouse at 803-533-6243.