Newberry County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Newberry County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Newberry County, South Carolina. You can contact the Newberry County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Newberry County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 156The Newberry County Assessor's Office is located in Newberry, South Carolina. Newberry is the county seat of Newberry County, where most local government offices are located.
Newberry County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Newberry County Information
Newberry County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Newberry County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Newberry County Tax Appraiser.
- The Newberry County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Newberry County.
- The Newberry County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Newberry County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Newberry County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Newberry County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Newberry County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 803-321-2125. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Newberry County assessor's office at 803-321-2126. Please call the assessor's office in Newberry before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Newberry County Courthouse at 803-321-2110.