Marlboro County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Marlboro County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Marlboro County, South Carolina. You can contact the Marlboro County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Marlboro County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Marlboro County Assessor's Office is located in the Marlboro County Courthouse in Bennettsville, South Carolina.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Marlboro County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Marlboro County Information
Marlboro County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Marlboro County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Marlboro County Tax Appraiser.
- The Marlboro County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Marlboro County.
- The Marlboro County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Marlboro County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Marlboro County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Marlboro County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Marlboro County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 843-479-5602. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bennettsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352