Lexington County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Lexington County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lexington County, South Carolina. You can contact the Lexington County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Lexington County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
212 S Lake DrThe Lexington County Assessor's Office is located in Lexington, South Carolina. Lexington is the county seat of Lexington County, where most local government offices are located.
Lexington County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lexington County Information
Lexington County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lexington County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lexington County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lexington County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lexington County.
- The Lexington County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lexington County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lexington County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lexington County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lexington County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 803-785-8190. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lexington County assessor's office at 803-785-8249. Please call the assessor's office in Lexington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lexington County Courthouse at 803-785-8212.