Laurens County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Laurens County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Laurens County, South Carolina. You can contact the Laurens County Assessor for:
- Checking the Laurens County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO BOX 445The Laurens County Assessor's Office is located in Laurens, South Carolina. Laurens is the county seat of Laurens County, where most local government offices are located.
Laurens County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Laurens County Information
Laurens County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Laurens County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Laurens County Tax Appraiser.
- The Laurens County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Laurens County.
- The Laurens County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Laurens County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Laurens County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Laurens County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Laurens County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 864-984-6546. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Laurens County assessor's office at 864-984-0046. Please call the assessor's office in Laurens before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Laurens County Courthouse at 864-984-3538.