Horry County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Horry County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Horry County, South Carolina. You can contact the Horry County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Horry County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1301 2nd AveThe Horry County Assessor's Office is located in Conway, South Carolina. Conway is the county seat of Horry County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Government And Justice Center, at 1301 Second Avenue.
Horry County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Horry County Information
Horry County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Horry County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Horry County Tax Appraiser.
- The Horry County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Horry County.
- The Horry County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Horry County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Horry County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Horry County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Horry County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 843-915-5040. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Horry County assessor's office at 843-915-6040. Please call the assessor's office in Conway before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Government And Justice Center at 843-915-5120.