Hampton County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Hampton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hampton County, South Carolina. You can contact the Hampton County Assessor for:
- Checking the Hampton County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
201 Jackson Ave WThe Hampton County Assessor's Office is located in Hampton, South Carolina. Hampton is the county seat of Hampton County, where most local government offices are located.
Hampton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hampton County Information
Hampton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hampton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hampton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hampton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hampton County.
- The Hampton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hampton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hampton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hampton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hampton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 803-943-7507. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hampton County assessor's office at 803-943-7546. Please call the assessor's office in Hampton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hampton County Courthouse at 803-914-2100.