Greenville County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Greenville County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Greenville County, South Carolina. You can contact the Greenville County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Greenville County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
305 East N. StreetThe Greenville County Assessor's Office is located in Greenville, South Carolina. Greenville is the county seat of Greenville County, where most local government offices are located.
Greenville County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Greenville County Information
Greenville County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Greenville County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Greenville County Tax Appraiser.
- The Greenville County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Greenville County.
- The Greenville County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Greenville County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Greenville County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Greenville County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Greenville County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 864-467-7300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Greenville County assessor's office at 864-467-7440. Please call the assessor's office in Greenville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Greenville County Courthouse at 864-467-8554.