Fairfield County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Fairfield County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fairfield County, South Carolina. You can contact the Fairfield County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Fairfield County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 60The Fairfield County Assessor's Office is located in Winnsboro, South Carolina. Winnsboro is the county seat of Fairfield County, where most local government offices are located.
Fairfield County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fairfield County Information
Fairfield County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fairfield County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fairfield County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fairfield County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fairfield County.
- The Fairfield County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fairfield County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fairfield County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fairfield County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fairfield County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 803-712-6520. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Fairfield County assessor's office at 803-635-2767. Please call the assessor's office in Winnsboro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fairfield County Courthouse at 803-712-6526.