Darlington County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Darlington County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Darlington County, South Carolina. You can contact the Darlington County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Darlington County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1 Public Sq Rm 210The Darlington County Assessor's Office is located in Darlington, South Carolina. Darlington is the county seat of Darlington County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Darlington County Courthouse, at 1 Public Square, Room 309.
Darlington County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Darlington County Information
Darlington County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Darlington County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Darlington County Tax Appraiser.
- The Darlington County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Darlington County.
- The Darlington County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Darlington County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Darlington County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Darlington County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Darlington County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 843-398-4180. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Darlington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Darlington County Courthouse at 843-398-4330.