Clarendon County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Clarendon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clarendon County, South Carolina. You can contact the Clarendon County Assessor for:
- Checking the Clarendon County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 136The Clarendon County Assessor's Office is located in Manning, South Carolina. Manning is the county seat of Clarendon County, where most local government offices are located.
Clarendon County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clarendon County Information
Clarendon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clarendon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clarendon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clarendon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clarendon County.
- The Clarendon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clarendon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clarendon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clarendon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clarendon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 803-435-4423. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Clarendon County assessor's office at 803-435-8905. Please call the assessor's office in Manning before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clarendon County government at 803-435-4443.