Calhoun County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Calhoun County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Calhoun County, South Carolina. You can contact the Calhoun County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Calhoun County property tax due date
P.O. Box 709The Calhoun County Assessor's Office is located in St. Matthews, South Carolina.
Calhoun County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Calhoun County Information
Calhoun County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Calhoun County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Calhoun County Tax Appraiser.
- The Calhoun County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Calhoun County.
- The Calhoun County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Calhoun County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Calhoun County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Calhoun County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Calhoun County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 803-874-3613. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in St. Matthews before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Calhoun Calhoun County Family Court at 803-874-3524.