Barnwell County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Barnwell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Barnwell County, South Carolina. You can contact the Barnwell County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Barnwell County property tax due date
57 Wall StThe Barnwell County Assessor's Office is located in the Barnwell County Administration Building in Barnwell, South Carolina. Barnwell is the county seat of Barnwell County, where most local government offices are located.
Barnwell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Barnwell County Information
Barnwell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Barnwell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Barnwell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Barnwell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Barnwell County.
- The Barnwell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Barnwell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Barnwell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Barnwell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Barnwell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 803-541-1011. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Barnwell before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Barnwell County Courthouse at 803-541-1000.