Town of Westerly, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The Town of Westerly Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Westerly, Rhode Island. You can contact the Town of Westerly Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of Westerly property tax due date
County CourthouseThe Town of Westerly Assessor's Office is located in the Westerly Town Hall in Westerly, Washington County, Rhode Island.
Town of Westerly Assessor Contact Information
Town of Westerly Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Westerly Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Westerly Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Westerly Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Westerly.
- The Town of Westerly Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Westerly Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Westerly, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Westerly about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Westerly Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-348-2540. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Westerly before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the 4800 Tower Hill Road at .