Town of Portsmouth, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The Town of Portsmouth Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Portsmouth, Rhode Island. You can contact the Town of Portsmouth Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Town of Portsmouth property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Town of Portsmouth Assessor's Office is located in Portsmouth, Newport County, Rhode Island.
Town of Portsmouth Assessor Contact Information
Town of Portsmouth Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Portsmouth Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Portsmouth Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Portsmouth Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Portsmouth.
- The Town of Portsmouth Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Portsmouth Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Portsmouth, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Portsmouth about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Portsmouth Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-683-1536. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Portsmouth before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.