Town of Jamestown, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The Town of Jamestown Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Jamestown, Rhode Island. You can contact the Town of Jamestown Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of Jamestown property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Town of Jamestown Assessor's Office is located in the Jamestown Town Hall in Jamestown, Newport County, Rhode Island.
Town of Jamestown Assessor Contact Information
Town of Jamestown Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Jamestown Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Jamestown Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Jamestown Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Jamestown.
- The Town of Jamestown Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Jamestown Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Jamestown, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Jamestown about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Jamestown Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-423-9802. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Jamestown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.