Town of Foster, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The Town of Foster Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Foster, Rhode Island. You can contact the Town of Foster Assessor for:
- Checking the Town of Foster property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Town of Foster Assessor's Office is located in Foster, Providence County, Rhode Island.
Town of Foster Assessor Contact Information
Town of Foster Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Foster Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Foster Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Foster Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Foster.
- The Town of Foster Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Foster Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Foster, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Foster about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Foster Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-392-9202. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Foster assessor's office at 401-702-5010. Please call the assessor's office in Foster before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.