Town of Exeter, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The Town of Exeter Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Exeter, Rhode Island. You can contact the Town of Exeter Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Town of Exeter property tax due date
County CourthouseThe Town of Exeter Assessor's Office is located in Exeter, Washington County, Rhode Island.
Town of Exeter Assessor Contact Information
Town of Exeter Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Exeter Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Exeter Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Exeter Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Exeter.
- The Town of Exeter Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Exeter Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Exeter, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Exeter about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Exeter Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-294-5734. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Exeter assessor's office at 401-267-1029. Please call the assessor's office in Exeter before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the 4800 Tower Hill Road at .