Town of Cumberland, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The Town of Cumberland Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Cumberland, Rhode Island. You can contact the Town of Cumberland Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Town of Cumberland property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Town of Cumberland Assessor's Office is located in the Cumberland Town Hall in Cumberland, Providence County, Rhode Island.
Town of Cumberland Assessor Contact Information
Town of Cumberland Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Cumberland Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Cumberland Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Cumberland Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Cumberland.
- The Town of Cumberland Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Cumberland Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Cumberland, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Cumberland about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Cumberland Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-728-2400. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Cumberland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.