Town of Charlestown, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The Town of Charlestown Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Charlestown, Rhode Island. You can contact the Town of Charlestown Assessor for:
- Checking the Town of Charlestown property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
County CourthouseThe Town of Charlestown Assessor's Office is located in Charlestown, Washington County, Rhode Island.
Town of Charlestown Assessor Contact Information
Town of Charlestown Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Charlestown Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Charlestown Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Charlestown Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Charlestown.
- The Town of Charlestown Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Charlestown Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Charlestown, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Charlestown about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Charlestown Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-364-1233. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Charlestown assessor's office at 401-364-1238. Please call the assessor's office in Charlestown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the 4800 Tower Hill Road at .