Town of Barrington, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The Town of Barrington Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Barrington, Rhode Island. You can contact the Town of Barrington Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of Barrington property tax due date
The Town of Barrington Assessor's Office is located in the Barrington Town Hall in Barrington, Bristol County, Rhode Island.
Town of Barrington Assessor Contact Information
Town of Barrington Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Barrington Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Barrington Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Barrington Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Barrington.
- The Town of Barrington Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Barrington Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Barrington, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Barrington about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Barrington Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-247-1900. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Barrington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.